THE PRIME AREAS
COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE
LISTENING AND ATTENTION
- Children listen attentively in a range of situations.
- They listen to stories, accurately anticipating key events and respond to what they hear with relevant comments, questions or actions.
- They give their attention to what others say and respond appropriately, while engaged in another activity.
- Children follow instructions involving several ideas or actions.
- They answer ‘how’ and ‘why’ questions about their experiences and in response to stories or events.
- Children express themselves effectively, showing awareness of listeners’ needs.
- They use past, present and future forms accurately when talking about events that have happened or are to happen in the future.
- They develop their own narratives and explanations by connecting ideas or events.